Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 1, 2010

My Cousin - 2

Let me continue to talk about my cousin today. How old is my cousin? My cousin is now 17 years old, which is 7 years younger than me and he is the only son of my father's sister. (which I call her aunt, but I just want clarify who's who) Maybe he is the only child of his parents, no brothers and no sisters, since as a little child, he has already loved to play with his cousins, but the cousin who always with him was me. When I was still in Macau, my home was on the same street as my cousin's, and indeed I'm his only cousin who was still in Macau as of 2001, the others, have been in the US for years. Another fact is we both speak the same language, therefore we don't have language barrier, most of his cousins can speak English only, a few of them can speak Chinese as well, though not so fluent.

In winter 1992, my aunt (who is now my cousin's mother) was pregnant. Before that, their family has no child. On the other hand, I was the only child of my parents and I often wished that I could have a brother or sister that time. Therefore, when I knew that my aunt was going to have a baby, I was so excited and it's just like I would have a brother. During my aunt's pregnancy, I frequently spent time to visit her, and she always invited me to her home. I think that may be another reason why we can be good cousins, and I think that he may have already known who I am when he was still in his mother's belly. It sounds funny, but it seems to be true. If you always with the unborn child and his pregnant mother, he would quickly recognize you when he was born, and you and him can be the best friend easily. Of course, spending the time together with him is also very important. No matter what the relationship is, two people getting along requires times and efforts, just like my cousin and I, it can't be done within one day or one week, is a long time effort, and you have to work on it constantly. Always spend time with him, play with him, he will be very impressed of you, and it is very valuable.

I will continue to talk more about my cousin again next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment