Total Pageviews

Friday, August 6, 2010

Remembering My Very First Video Production Project

People always say their first time were unforgettable, so do I. When I looked at those pictures taken in the old CCSF video production studio in Fall 2009, they made me to remember my very first video project that I created, produced and directed, it just like something happened yesterday.
The first video project that we did was actually a project of still pictures, it's not 100% video. I still remember we were just sitting down and listening the lectures at the very beginning of the video production class. After a few weeks of lectures and basic ideas of video production, we started doing actual production by using all the equipment in the studio. Studio cameras, server, switcher, character generator, audio mixer, just name a few. The still graphics project was assigned after we received the basic ideas on how to operate those equipment, we're then divided into two separate group, I was assigned into group one. Since this is a group project, everyone had a chance to be the director, on the other hand, everyone had to work as assistant director, technical director, camera person, etc. The roles were rotated accordingly, for example, if I was a TD for this classmate's project, I'd be the CG Operator for another classmate's project. Therefore, everyone had a chance to work on the equipment.
Honestly speaking, I was so tense when I understood that I have to work on the project. The biggest reason was I had only a few ideas on how to operate the equipment in the studio, by the time before we started working on the project, I'd only used the studio cameras for a few time. Another fact was that I worried that I might mess up other's projects by doing something wrong that I didn't know. Anyway, I still needed to do it because it was part of the grade.
The first production kicked off on October 9 of last year. And the director / producer was the pretty well-known DJ and musician Eloy Najera. (See? We've got so many talents in class!) After Eloy's project, we were also working on Stephen Reeves and Marek Damm. I was the camera person (actually we had three camera persons on each production) for both Eloy and Marek projects, and LD for Steve's project.
The production had started, everyone was ready on their positions. What happened next? It was really funny…

No comments:

Post a Comment