Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 10, 2010

A Date That I Never Forget - 1

Sometimes there are some disadvantages for free-style writing, that's also a reason you can't have anything to write if you don't have any topic or idea. Honestly, I think that I write this blog is more difficult than write a 3-page essay, I have a strict topic for essay, but here, I can only write anything I can think of.

Anyway, in order to keep this blog, I have to look at something and think something to write. Looking around my house, glimpsing on the calendar, today is the 10th of July, 2010. It will be a very important day for me on the 9th of next month, which is my anniversary of immigration to the US. For some, August 9 is just a normal calendar day, but to myself, this day is a date that I never forget.

Someone may ask me why I come to the US, honestly, I don't know how to answer this question, but I think everything has positive and negative sides. For the past nine years, I have gained something, but I also have lost a lot of things. When I think it again, I can only do one reaction — sigh.

What happened on the first day in the US? I've already said it's the day I'll never forget, therefore, I still remember any piece of memory of that day. On August9, 2001, my parents, my younger brother and I took the flight from Macau International Airport to the San Francisco International Airport. When the plane landed at the SFO, I asked myself,"is it San Francisco?" Indeed, besides the in-flight announcements and the interactive map shown on the TV screen inside the plane, you can't find an obvious sign to identify yourself has arrived San Francisco. Our flight arrived at SFO around 7:30 pm, about 20 minutes later, we off boarded the plane and proceeded to the path connected to the USCIS / US Customs and Border Protection counter, (these two federal agencies were then called INS and US Customs Service respectively) it's also a path that changed my passion. What happened inside the terminal building? I'll share it tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment