Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

My "2010 Year In Review" Part 3

My "2010 Year In Review" continues with something memorable. Speaking of something memorable, I have to talk about something happened in April, when I created a sitcom-style PSA very first time. That "first time" is still evocative today.

About a week after our first episode of IDTV 2010 season aired, Misha asked those who weren't producers on the first episode to make something for the second episode, and I was one of them. Honestly I didn't have any good idea when I was asked to "wear a hat of producer", (which I know by now is a "hat" that isn't easy to wear) moreover, I didn't have any real experience as a producer, so it was an extremely tough job to me.

The good thing was I had some time to think what to create for the second show, the bad thing was I had to spend hours and hours everyday to generate some ideas, from the Internet to the newspapers. After days of thinking, I hadn't had any idea yet, but when I inadvertently found a story about Internet scams, my ideas popped out from my mind. I could create a short PSA telling people beware of any Internet scams, I think although Internet scams are not something new, there are still lots of people fall in Internet scams everyday, therefore, making a PSA about Internet scams is always a good idea.

I came up with an idea, and it's time to do some pre-production. First thing first, I had to write a proposal for the PSA. At the time when I was writing a proposal, I thought my PSA shouldn't be too bureaucratic, because there have been a number of official PSAs about Internet scams, I should do something different. What about a sitcom? A sitcom-style PSA has both educational and entertaining, one stone two birds. I decided to define my PSA as a sitcom-style shortly after I wrote my proposal.

After I submitted my proposal to "Executive Producer" Misha, my pre-production started immediately. First thing to do was to create a storyboard... All right, I don't want to talk too much at one time. I still have more to tell tomorrow about the production of that PSA.

There're only three days until the new year, my excitement is growing stronger and stronger each day! What do you expect for the year of 2011?

No comments:

Post a Comment