Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

My "2010 Year In Review" Part 2

All right. I told everyone my major event in January, now let's move on. Anything happened in February? I don't think there were "big" things at all... Let's jump to the next month.

But as I talk about something happened in March, it should be interesting, not only then, not only right now, but always interesting. I'm talking about my field trip with my IDTV production crew. Actually it was not really a field trip, because the purpose of that trip was to cover the mass protest outside the State Capitol about the budget cut on education. We were separated into three teams, one team was working to cover the event from a news perspective, (or doing a news package) and I was in that team (if I remember it correctly.) and worked as a field audio person, doing sound checks for the camera as well as the mics. We had another team working to cover the event from the POV of the protesters, and our third team was to cover the event from the POV of those "outsiders" who were not participating the protest. I can say that field trip was kind of interesting to me, but at the same time it was also stressful to me. Why stressful? Because at that time I was still learning the basics of sound recording, and I didn't know anything about field audio. (which I know what the heck that is by now!) It's always stressful to work on something that you have never worked before. Luckily, I was still able to handle it nicely. Another interesting thing about that event was that we had to meet and board the bus outside the CCSF Mission Campus at 7am in order to arrive to the event at 9am. Haha... I mean, I woke up at 5am on that day, tough... Nevertheless, that was such a great experience that I could write into my resume.

More interesting stories happened in April, you don't want to miss my "2010 Year In Review"!

No comments:

Post a Comment