Total Pageviews

Monday, December 27, 2010

My "2010 Year In Review" Part 1


There are only a few days until the end of 2010. I think it's the time to look back and do my own "2010 Year In Review". In the next couple days, I'll highlight something happened to me this year that had significant effects, or better to say, something that changed me a lot this year. There were exciting and depressing, laughs and tears, sweet and bitter... By the way, I will do my "Year In Review" chronologically, so everything began in January 2010.

Let me rewind my memory back to the beginning of the year. The most important thing happened to me in last January should be my joining of the CCSF's IDTV production team. IDTV is a series of 30-minute-long magazine-style TV program produced by advanced broadcast production students (which are BCST 148 and BCST 149, I was in 148) at CCSF in spring every year and the show is cable-cast to the San Francisco Bay Area via Comcast cable channel 27. I can say the joining of IDTV production team was such a great experience for myself, I gained even more understanding about the production process and program development, as well as teamwork within a tight production schedule. Those hands-on experience have been helping me a lot, especially my increasing enthusiasm about TV production and its related skills. Therefore, it was definitely a far-reaching thing.

Now let me tell you something I think that I was somewhat stupid but funny here. I was really nervous at the first few class sessions of the advanced TV production class, (IDTV) why? Because I needed to meet the people that I was never seen before (except for two classmates who were taking the basic video production class in the previous semester), and also I didn't what to do and how to do for that class, it really seemed like stressful at the beginning. When Misha (the teacher) asked us to practice with the production switcher.. Man! That was killing me! I didn't even have enough opportunities to operate the switcher during my basic video production class, how could I do some advanced effects with it? Afterward, I practiced and practiced, finally I know how to do some complex effects with a production switcher, and I was also appointed to be a Technical Director for both second and third show of IDTV last season.

Haha, that's me! Nervous at the beginning because of lack of experience, but when I know something better, I can do it even better than anyone. I'll continue my "2010 Year In Review" tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment