Total Pageviews

Friday, August 13, 2010

Trust Me, Believe Your Fate

Let me ask you a question: Do you believe your fate? I think I will have a lot of different responses if I ask that question. How about myself, do I believe my own fate? Nine years ago when I first arrived the US soil, I didn't believe it, I even believe that man can conquer nature. I was somewhere between believing and doubting five years ago, but now I can only say, "accept misfortunes as decreed by fate, because you have no way to turn it around."

Nine years ago, our whole family gave up everything we had in Macau and migrated to a place we had not been to. We all lived under poverty as we decided to reside in the City, that kind of pain was very deep-going and couldn't be described in a few words. Everyone in the family wanted to improve our living environment and get rid of the poverty, unfortunately it's been nine years after our first footstep on the US soil, we are still living in poverty, everyone looks at you with contempt. When all the people are looking down upon you and your family, how could you not to accept misfortunes as decreed by fate?!

Everyone holds in contempt and I am always slandered by those nonsense people, not just slandered, but also pointing against me. If I have money and power, do they dare to hold in contempt?!

Víctor Lei

No comments:

Post a Comment