Total Pageviews

Monday, August 9, 2010

It's Harder and Harder To Be A Student

Studying in school is a necessary stage of everyone's life, I can tell you that if a life expectancy of human is 100 years old, then the time that a human spent in school and / or college is 25 years, which is 1/4 of a life. Kindergarten, elementary school, middle school, high school, undergraduate, graduate... Thus, it is very important for us to learn in school.

I still remember that some of my grandfather's friends and relatives told me that it was impossible to study in school when they were young, they wanted to go school but their parents couldn't afford the expensive tuition, and that's why going to school was an impossible dream.

Time passes, the society began to progress. It became easier for children going to schools on my father's generation, but it was not necessary to be a high school graduate to get a job, so many of my father's friends and relatives were dropped out from middle schools.

For my own generation, studying in school is becoming more and more important, it just like something inevitable. I think many of you who is now early or mid 20s had heard what your parents told you about, they told you that you had to study hard and do well in schools, otherwise it might be difficult for your own future. Yes! That's true! We need to have extensive knowledge on many things to make us able to compete in this society.

However, I can tell you that today's students are very different from the students in the previous generations, and it is becoming harder and harder. The students in the previous generations didn't have much pressure on studying, most of time they just sat down and listen to what teachers taught, finishing homework assignments and completed the school tests, and that was it. How about the students of today? Besides the necessary class lectures and homework assignments, they have to take a wide variety of tests and exams, learn different kinds of skills not only from the books, but from the community. Besides of studying in schools, social awareness is very important too. As students, we have to know many things, and we have to learn many things, too. I think I can describe today's students as Decathlon athletes, right? So when I saw many students in Hong Kong who waited in a long line outside the schools for days in order to get a spot, I think we should admire what they have done.

All right, if you still think that it's easy and inevitable to be a student, you might need to read my post from the beginning once again. If you still don't get it, read it again and again...

No comments:

Post a Comment