Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Is It Really Hard To Achieve A Dream Without Paying?

I have been in struggle of decision on buying the Avid Media Composer these few days. Should I or shouldn't I? Even though the software solely costs $295, but I have to invest much much more money in order to use that software. First, Avid Media Composer is not capable on those home-used desktops or laptops, so I have buy a so-called "Avid Compatible" desktop or laptop like the MacBook Pro with the intermediate or advanced hardware and configurations. The cost of that kind of MacBook Pro is at least $1500, not counting the required hard drive upgrade, which costs another hundred bucks. Another fact is if I install Avid Media Composer, I must dedicate my laptop to be used solely for that purpose, that means I can't use the laptop for any other purpose besides video editing. I may still need an external hard drive for about $100. The total expected cost in order to have Avid Media Composer: $2500 — $3000!

What?! $3000?! That is the price that I can pay almost four months of my house rent! I'm living under poverty, so every penny counts. How can I spend those money for my dream and forget about my life? I think I can't do that…

Hold on a second, I'm also learning Pro Tools now, should I invest my money on it? Victor! Wake up! Face the truth! No money, no dream!

Víctor Lei

No comments:

Post a Comment