Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The First Class Session Of Avid Class

Last night was my first class session of Avid class in CCSF. The teacher Michele did some introduction for the class and talked something about Avid Media Composer. (The software that class will be using) She told us that Avid is the editing software used by the professional film / video editors such as the Hollywood film industry, and I remember that Misha told me that a month ago when I asked him about the difference between FinalCut Pro and Avid. Not only the features, the price for Avid is also incredible. A high-end or advanced Avid Media Composer can easily go up to $1500, whereas a standard FCP software is only few hundred bucks. But Michele pointed out last night that we can get the most basic version of Avid over the CCSF bookstore for a special discount price $295, and it offers the most basic features of Avid, and that's it. You want some fancy features? Expect to spend couple hundred bucks for the plug-ins and it'll be summed up to the price of full version of Avid.

I'm also thinking about to invest few hundred bucks to buy Avid and upgrade my laptop in the next few weeks, Avid works on PC too, that is good news for me since I only own a PC. I was thinking about to have FCP but I don't have a Mac at all. I think it should be a good investment to have Avid on my laptop, let's go! I'm professional.

Víctor Lei

No comments:

Post a Comment