Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Week 6 @ EOTB

This week the office of EOTB was unusually quiet. Why? First, there was no field shooting this week and many producers were off; secondly some interns were studying and taking their mid-term exams, so they didn't come to work this week. That's why I only worked with two interns this week, Tuesday with Honeybee and Thursday with Miranda. Although I did only work with two interns this week, the good thing is I had more opportunities to do some different duties in their office, and I could manage something that I have never managed before. Like this Thursday, I was virtually the only intern in the office until Miranda came one hour later. In that short one hour, I had to help the producer Jenny to organize and generate a contact list of her guests, because she needed to contact them about the change of the air date of her produced segment. While I was working on the contact list, I also checked email and voice messages, then I left the office for a few seconds, went to the mail room, collected and delivered mail to our producers. After working as a mailman, I was back to my original duty - making contact list for Jenny. Although those works were not big deals, I was very satisfied for what I did that day, especially I could be multi-tasked. I always thought that I was not able to handle many things at the same time, but if I never try, how can I know if I can do it or not? Man proposes, God disposes.
Favorite EOTB intern quote for this week: "As an intern, you must learn nosy. You should manage the things you need to manage, but you should also manage the things you don't need to manage. In short, if you have nothing to do, find something to do."

No comments:

Post a Comment