Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Week 5 @ EOTB

This Tuesday I was working alone in the office once again (no, not completely alone, at least I was with a few producers who didn't have field assignments) because most of the interns were out for shooting. First I asked our feature producer Hank to see if I could log his Chabot Space Center footage, he said there was a couple A-rolls and some B-rolls needed to be finished, then I began what I should work. Later, our executive producer James asked me to help him dub two DVDs using the DVD dubbing device. To be honest, that was my first time working on that device. Around 3:00 pm, the field production team and the interns were back, but they just stayed in the office for just half an hour. Danielle, Raymond and Honeybee left the office earlier than me. I continued my work on logging video clips.

Thursday was not a shooting day, so three interns were in the office. I was working on researching and some logging, Miranda was first doing some mail and phone duties, but later moved onto logging video clips, another intern Rosy was working on resizing images to HD quality. When Rosy tried to resize the image on our intern computer, it was so laggy and can't even save the image at all. Then I tried to help her a little bit on what the heck was happening. It turned out that the memory (RAM) of the intern computer was critically low and the main hard drive was 99% full! Rosy and I couldn't do any image resizing until the problem is fixed. Then I backed to my researching again for Hank on his story idea about unusual occupations until the end of that day.

Favorite EOTB intern quote for this week : "There were so much problems working on the intern computer, especially when working on resize images. The computer was running freaking slow and seriously impacting the working efficiency."

No comments:

Post a Comment