Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Sometimes You Shouldn't Be Too Conceited

I rarely criticize any people for any reason, but when I took a look on an old production schedule for the 140 class last year, I had mixed feelings. On one hand that project was my great experience in the field of studio video production, but on the other hand I was really unhappy to work with this man. This semester he is also taking the 126 class as I do, my bad impression of him just keep growing.

How can I describe this person? I don't know if I say he is a perfectionist or an overachiever. Sure, I don't deny that he has a lot of professional experience for video / film production, and he has more extensive knowledge than I have. I really appreciate his working attitude, but the fact is this man loves to excessively show off his knowledge, he is also too opinionated, and I think he has a really bad habit is that he always commands others to work for him, I still remember what he did to me during the production of the first project... "CAMERA 1, CAMERA 1, IS IT CAMERA 1? CAMERA 1, CAMERA 1, CAMERA 1!!!" Yes, he wants people work for him, but how about he works for others. I was directing the same project one week after he directed the project, and he was assigned as a server operator. He seemed like not familiar with the school's server system, when I asked everyone ready or not, he suddenly yelled at me "NOT READY!" I was really unhappy with that, we were working together, I really wanted to scold him when he said that.

I think that everyone has his strengths, but also has his weaknesses, we have to learn other people's strengths, get rid our weaknesses, and that's the admirable attitude. A person who is opinionated and mighty is hard to cooperate with others. I hope that he would understand, and the person who has the similar kind of attitude would understand too.

No comments:

Post a Comment