Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 29, 2010

The First Project For The Sound For Video Class

On the Sound For Video class last Friday we began working on the first project, which is capturing sound to portable devices. We used various audio recording devices to capture sounds in the field. The teacher split the class into groups of 2 each, but my group has 3 people including myself. That was a challenging project for me although I have got some experience on capturing field audio for video projects.

Last Friday afternoon, I joined Amy Snyder and Phil Lantz together working on the first part of the first project. We went various locations around the campus to capture the ambient sound, the sound of our dialog and the sound of two things in the space that making noise with the mic very close to it. We did three different recordings using two different mics, therefore we recorded six files for the same location. Where did we go? We went inside the piano practicing room, the gym, near the cafeteria and near the public parking lot. I can tell you it was pretty fun doing that!

I think that the Sound For Video class is a good class for me, one good thing is that I could have opportunity to use those professional sound equipment, another good thing is that I have opportunity to work with many talented people. Another fact is I could further know many classmates that I have known before, some of them were taking the same class as mine, or I met them somewhere before. Like Amy Snyder, she had the same 120 class with me last semester, and this semester we are taking the Pro Tools and sound for video classes together. I think that proves one thing: the world is really tiny, especially for the world of media industry. Unless you change your career, it is no surprise that you meet someone you know. Good class, good people.


Víctor Lei

No comments:

Post a Comment