Total Pageviews

Monday, January 3, 2011

My "2010 Year In Review" - Part 7


First, I wish everyone Happy New Year! All right, let me continue my "2010 Year In Review". There were a lot of good memories during my internship for "Eye On The Bay", but at the same time I also felt helpless and lonely. Although I worked hard and tried to do the best I could, unlike my fellow interns, I was lack of appreciation. Not only lack of appreciation, there was an incident that made the relationship between one of the interns and me drifted apart. I can say those two things were actually my regrets during the internship.

It was November 15 of last year. Actually I didn't have to go to the EOTB office that day since it was Monday. Coincidentally, one of my fellow interns (who worked Mondays and Tuesdays) didn't come to the office, too. Then we chatted on Facebook because I didn't have anything to do that morning. We talked about something about living, schools and works... It was a pretty good chat at the beginning. But when I asked her why she didn't come to the office again for another week, (she was absent on the Monday of the previous week) she seemed very dissatisfied of what I asked and said,

"What do you mean by that??

I called for sick last Monday only because I felt sick. I went to work on Tuesday and they said I shouldn't have come.

My condition is getting worse, even though I have no fever now but I cough all the time and my... voice has gone. It's really irritating.

So...saying something like that is called blaming without prove. I'm not appreciated at all. And this is the second week I call sick. Last week I even went to work on Tuesday.

I'm glad that I won't be there tomorrow so that I don't have to see you. Is that clear?"


After she posted this on the FB wall, I immediately apologized to her. However, she seemed indifferent to my apology. Even though I apologized to her once again on the following day, she didn't respond positively.

After that incident, we had very few chats, and not like before, spoke our minds. Even we saw in person a few times since that incident, we just greeted each other and chatted briefly. The last day I saw her was December 7, and she left the EOTB office early that day. I have never seen her personally since then.

I always attach importance to friendship, this is my purpose in life. As long as everyone in good faith with me, I will treat them as my friends. Among friends, misunderstanding is inevitable, but I believe good faith can remove any misunderstanding. The problem is, I don't know if I'm still her friend. Nevertheless, she'll always be my friend, and it will be never changed.

Finally, I want to have these two songs as my little gift to her:




 And this is the final part of my "2010 Year In Review", anything happened in 2010 has become my memory. I wish my 2011 will be another successful year to me, achieve much higher goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment