Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 16, 2010

My Internship Has Been Completed


After 13 consecutive weeks of hard work and efforts, my internship at Eye On The Bay has been completed on Tuesday. Honestly to say I had a lot of feelings on that day, on one hand I really feel proud of myself that I can complete  all my work nicely, and I also proud of that I came to work all the required days during that 13 weeks; on the other hand, I really didn't want to leave the Eye On The Bay office, and I really want to work there continuously. Why? During that 13 weeks, I was working in their office and helping the producers, everyone in the EOTB office are really awesome. A lot of feelings…

On my last day of my internship at EOTB, I arrived to the station around 10am as usual, then I began my last day of work. First, I checked with the Feature Producer Henry Kaiser (he is such a great producer, and I remember that my first day was also to help Henry.) to see if there was anything that I could help him, he asked me to help him on transferring the video from a BETA-tape into the computer. This was my first time, and was my only chance to learn how to capture video from a tape to the computer. After finishing that work, I went back to Henry's cubicle and he asked me if I could help him to log his “Unusual Jobs — Window Washers”, then I began to help him on that. What else did I do that day? Besides those daily duties like checking emails, checking voice message and deliver mail, I also helped James Reid, the Executive Producer to find the tapes he asked for, later James asked me to watch those tape and see if there was something he wanted. I also helped another producer Amanda to ingest her video footage into CAT-DV.

The time was almost 5pm, and it's the time for me to say goodbye, earlier that afternoon I asked Cassandra if I could stay for the next semester with only working one day a week instead of two, (because I have classes during the day next semester, I can't spend two full days to work like this semester.) but Cassandra said the rule was set by the station, she couldn't do anything of it or to change the rule, I have to say goodbye to them. When I printed out my final intern follow-up report and put it into the interns binder, I was about to leave, but I was asked by Liam Mayclem, the host and producer of Eye On The Bay to help him pickup his package downstairs, this was my final duty for EOTB, a few minutes after 5pm on December 14, I walked out from the EOTB office and the KPIX station, when I walked out from the EOTB office, I talked to producer Chris Bollini, he asked me about my plans next semester, he also asked me if I would come back next semester, I told him that I really wanted to come back, but my class schedule next semester prevents me to do so. Finally, a warm holiday greeting and a goodbye between Chris and me ended my last day at EOTB.

It was raining when I stepped out from the station, that made me feel a little bit sad about my leave. Another thing that I felt sad was I started my internship with other interns and a new intern, but I ended my internship alone. Honeybee, the intern who started her job as I started, has left the office on Monday. We didn't have a lot of time to work together, especially after mid November.

I have got so many good memories working in the EOTB office, but the most important thing is that I learned a lot of things. I also learned many essential skills there, and I should have something good to put into my résumé and my reel.

More hard work is still on the way…

No comments:

Post a Comment