Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Please Listen With Your Heart

Two days ago, our "Sound For Video" teacher Dana asked each of us to put the "listening" into practice. She asked us to listen all the sound when we are waiting for the bus, standing in a line or everywhere we can hear sounds.

In order to have that "practical experience", I went outside, standing on a sidewalk of busy road, closed my eyes and started listening to the sounds. I listened to the sounds for about two minutes and recorded them into my iPod. When I closed my eyes and listened to the sounds, I felt very comfortable even though I was standing on a busy street. When I closed my eyes, I could really hear every single sound, like the sound of the cars, the buses, the pedestrians, and the audible signals of traffic lights... None of them were jamming my ears.

Honestly I didn't always listen to every sound around me before, but on yesterday's "experience", I found out that I could listen to many sounds, and I also found out a key point when listening to sounds: Listen with my heart, not with my ears. When you can listen with your heart, that is the highest state of listening sound. I'm now learning how to listen and feel the sound with my heart. I believe that one day I can reach that highest level.

No comments:

Post a Comment